When it comes to family dentistry, there is truly something for everyone. From routine teeth cleaning to more involved dental work, the benefits of making regular appointments with a qualified family dentist are numerous for Denver patients of all ages.
Maintaining good oral health is not only essential for the teeth, gums, and mouth but is also an indicator of overall health. Regular dentist visits can help detect certain diseases like oral cancer while they are still in their early and most treatable stages.
Family Dentistry Care
A qualified family dentist should offer the following services for the whole family:
- Professional cleaning: Never underestimate the power of a thorough professional cleaning, which helps eliminate tartar and plaque build up in places that are hard to reach with an ordinary toothbrush. You will also be taught various oral hygiene tips on how to keep your teeth, mouth, and gums looking and feeling spectacular at any age.
- Oral cancer screening: Part of good preventative dentistry is being proactive about any potential diseases. During your visit, your family dentist will inspect the tissue inside your mouth to determine whether there is anything unusual that may warrant further treatment. Early detection and accurate diagnosis are critical in helping to combat diseases while they are at their most treatable.
- Night guards: Whether you grind your teeth at night or suffer from TMJ disorder, a night guard can help relax the facial muscles and prevent you from permanently damaging your teeth and jawbone.
A good family dentistry practice should also offer an array of restorative dentistry procedures that are tailored to each family member’s unique conditions and desires, equipping them with a healthy and beautiful smile that will last for years to come:
- Root canal therapy: Root canal therapy can prevent the need for more extensive dental work. It is a quick and painless process completed under local anesthesia in which the tooth’s pulp is extracted and the tooth is resealed.
- Composite fillings: A more aesthetically pleasing alternative to traditional metal fillings, composite fillings are long-lasting, tooth-colored restorations that repair teeth without the telltale metal appearance.
- Dental crowns and bridges: Dental crowns and bridges made from porcelain, gold, or zirconium are natural looking caps that blend seamlessly with the other teeth while protecting your smile from future damage.
- Dental implants: An implant is a permanent solution to missing and decayed teeth that involves placing a dental prosthetic onto titanium screws placed into the jawbone.
- Complete and partial dentures: Dentures may be a good option for patients missing most of the teeth and are adhered securely to the gums, ensuring they stay in place no matter what you are doing.
- Dental inlays and onlays: Inlays and onlays are made of porcelain materials that are mounted onto the decayed portion of the tooth.
Learn More about Family Dentistry
With a qualified family dentist, a dental procedure exists for every need in your family. To learn more about the services available to each member, make an appointment with the highly trained staff of University Dental Arts today.