If you’ve dreamed of having a beautifully straight smile, but don’t want to endure wearing metal braces, instant orthodontics with porcelain veneers may be just the solution you’ve been looking for! For many patients who are unhappy with the appearance of their smiles, porcelain veneers are a wonderful option to dramatically and instantly improve the shape and evenness of the teeth. At the Denver cosmetic dentistry practice of Dr. David Redford, you will find the latest techniques to give you a gorgeous, healthy smile. Read on to learn how porcelain veneers are becoming increasingly popular as instant orthodontics.
Porcelain Veneers Used as Instant Orthodontics
Porcelain veneers are referred to as instant orthodontics because they can transform the look of your teeth within just a couple of dental visits, whereas traditional orthodontics may take more than a year to reach the desired results.
Instant orthodontics involves the use of porcelain veneers to create straight, even, perfectly shaped teeth. Porcelain veneers are thin, tooth-shaped coverings designed to mask dental imperfections and flaws. Each porcelain veneer is custom-made from impressions taken of your own teeth, allowing for a perfect fit and comfort. Once the customized porcelain veneers are completed, they will be bonded to the front surface of the teeth and polished for a flawless finish.
The Benefits of Instant Orthodontics Over Traditional Orthodontics
Instant orthodontics offer many benefits over traditional metal braces. Here are just a few of the most significant benefits of porcelain veneers:
- Painless: The process for placing porcelain veneers is considered painless by most patients, with complete recovery within a day or two. Traditional braces require regular tightening over the many months the braces are needed, which can be very painful.
- Quick: Once the porcelain veneers are ready to be placed, your instant orthodontics treatment can be completed in one dental visit with each veneer generally take 30 to 60 minutes to apply.
- Instant Results: Traditional orthodontics may take nine months to over a year to achieve the desired results; with instant orthodontics you can have a straight smile by the end of one or two dental visits.
- No risk for embarrassment: Instant orthodontics allows you to avoid the embarrassment of wearing unsightly metal braces. Because porcelain veneers are custom-made to look like your own improved teeth, your instant orthodontics will look completely natural.
- Improved overall aesthetics: Traditional orthodontics cannot change the shape, size, or color of your teeth like porcelain veneers can. Not only can instant orthodontics be used to close gaps and create straight looking teeth, they can be used to hide many types of dental imperfections to improve the overall aesthetics of your smile.
Are You a Candidate for Instant Orthodontics?
For our patients in Denver, porcelain veneers are great option for creating beautiful, flawless smiles. Though instant orthodontics using porcelain veneers is the perfect treatment for many, it is not right for everyone. We welcome you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Redford to see if instant orthodontics treatment is right for you.