If you are searching for a dentist, you may be feeling overwhelmed by the number of professionals practicing in your local area. In big cities such as Denver, prospective patients will find that there are dozens of dental practices in their immediate area. While access to a large number of experienced dental professionals is great, it does make it more difficult for patients to choose a dentist. It takes considerable time and effort to thoroughly research each dentist to ensure that he or she has the education, experience, skill, and amenities to meet your needs. Further, many patients don’t know exactly what to look for in a dental practice. In this blog post, Denver cosmetic dentist David Redford reviews the most important factors that patients should consider.
A Skilled Dentist
First and foremost, dental patients should choose a practice that features a talented dentist or team of dentists. University Dental Arts is a single-dentist practice, and patients can expect to receive care from Dr. Redford at every appointment. We believe that meeting with the same dentist during routine appointments makes for a more pleasant dental experience and enables Dr. Redford to become more familiar with your dental health and habits. Patients of our practice also benefit from Dr. Redford’s skill in the field, including:
- Education: Dr. Redford earned his undergraduate degree from the University of Colorado at Boulder; he earned his Doctor of Dental Medicine degree from the University of Pittsburgh.
- Experience: Dr. Redford has been practicing dentistry for more than three decades; he opened University Dental Arts more than 20 years ago.
- Professional memberships: Dr. Redford is a member of several professional dental organizations, including the American Dental Association, Colorado Dental Association, and Metro Denver Dental Society.
At University Dental Arts, we offer general, cosmetic, and restorative dental care for patients of all ages.
- Cosmetic dentistry: For our patients in Denver, porcelain veneers, teeth whitening, Invisalign®, and dental bonding are popular and effective smile makeover treatments.
- Restorative dentistry: Dr. Redford offers treatment for all stages of tooth decay, including root canal therapy. Periodontal disease treatment is also available to improve the health of the gums. For teeth that have been damaged as a result of injury or decay, we offer a number of natural looking dental restorations such as dental fillings, inlays, onlays, crowns, bridges, and dentures. In cases in which patients are missing teeth, dental implants can be placed to secure replacement teeth.
- General dentistry: Patients can also rely on our practice for general dental care, including exams, cleanings, X-rays, oral cancer screenings, and night guards.
Accepts a Range of Dental Insurance Plans
Patients generally want to find a dental practice that accepts their dental insurance plans. We accept various insurance plans at our practice to make the cost of general, cosmetic, and restorative dentistry more affordable.
To learn more about the dental insurance plans that we offer, Dr. Redford’s professional background, or the services that are available, contact University Dental Arts today. We invite you to schedule an appointment at our practice!